11 Ring, retaining
12 P l u n g e r
1 5 Housing
Oil pump, exploded view.
Section III. FUEL SYSTEM
6-4. Fuel Pump
(1) The fuel pump timing window is located
a. Removal and Installation. Refer
in the center just below the pump mounting
to remove and install the fuel pump.
Disassembly and Reassembly. Refer
gasket to expose timing marks as illustrated on
to disassemble and
reassemble the fuel
(2) Lift entire hammer clear of piling with
anvil in down position, and tip hammer forward
c. Cleaning, Inspection, and Repair.
slightly toward fuel pump.
(1) Clean parts with an approved cleaning
(3) The relative position of timing marks
solvent and dry thoroughly.
(2) Inspect parts for cracks, breaks, or other
Timing mark (4) should be at least 1/32 inch
damage and replace any damaged or defective
above bottom of window.